It’s not always easy being an early bird, but Navarre Beach’s beautiful sunrises are the perfect reward for getting up before the crack of dawn.
Thanks to our location on Florida’s Panhandle, there are a lot of perfect places to catch the sunrise in Navarre Beach. For example, Gulf Islands National Seashore provides a blank canvas for the sunrise show, thanks to its complete lack of buildings and houses. If you’re staying in a beachfront condo or rental home, watch it from your patio. Or head down to the Navarre Beach Pier, where you may also spot a dolphin or two while the sky comes alive with color.
But watching the sun come up is only part of the fun. Here are some other ways to make the most of your early wake-up call.
1. Bring along a homemade breakfast and enjoy a picnic on the beach. If you think it’s too early to do the cooking, some of our local restaurants open early. Shark Bite and JJ Chago’s open at 6 a.m., and Alphy’s Family Restaurant opens at 6:30 a.m. If you’re hungry after watching the sun come up, Windjammers on the Pier opens up at 7:30 a.m.
2. Do some yoga or meditate. Find your zen first thing in the morning before the chaos of daily life settles in. Whether you’re stretching on the beach or simply listening to the waves rolling in, you’re sure to start your day relaxed and refreshed. Sage Paddle Company rents out paddleboards for half a day starting at $50.
3. Take photos. Make your friends jealous with some incredible shots on your Instagram or Facebook feeds!
4. Exercise on the beach. Whether you prefer to go for a run or simply take a leisurely stroll on the sand, a sunrise is great for body, mind, and soul!
5. Kayak or paddleboard. Watch the sunrise from the water, and let every new ray of sunshine glimmer on the waves around you.
6. Take it all in. Do nothing. Simply be there, in the moment. A Navarre Beach sunrise is truly a special gift from Mother Nature. Enjoy every fleeting moment of it, and let it be the ultimate memory of your time in Florida’s Most Relaxing Place.